Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Break-In Artist

Every so often I wake up in the night to a loud crash or screech. Last night was one such occasion. Crash! I forgot to lock the cat door, and the Break-In Artist had come to visit. There is a white cat in the neighborhood that I swear just showed up one day and decided to cause trouble. Really, the poor thing is starving. I think someone dumped him off in the nearby woods this past Christmas. He's hungry and finding ways to sneak into my house to eat!
Last night when I got up to find him, I thought he had left the way he came in and I locked the cat door. But really he was hiding inside.  When I went back to bed... Crash Again! He had tried to leave through the door and was locked inside. He's fast! And I chased him all through the house opening doors, trying to get him out. I think he's partially blind because he was bumping into walls and doors like you wouldn't believe. I'm afraid there's gonna be some crazy catfight in my house one night around 2am. I'd better remember to lock that door.

“In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment