Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pepper Progress

I am happy to say that I have successfully cast three peppers to fire. We will see how things progress as the project goes on... if there are issues with where the lids were cut, or with glazing. I am also on my way to sculpting some new peppers so that I can make some new molds. I trashed the #2 mold this week. After a second attempt at casting it, and it falling apart, I came to the conclusion that it is a faulty design. Why beat a dead horse? It's just not working. So I'm moving on. I would like to cast a few more samples of the two existing molds, but again I am out of slip. So before I drive out to Smalltown America to get more, I'll use up the 50 pounds of plaster for my new designs. I really hate driving out to my supplier! I'll just have to spend more money next time so I don't have to make so many trips.

1 comment: