Thursday, April 21, 2011

Butterfly Garden Stone

I've been diving into new creative endeavors this spring - sewing and gardening. Two skills I wish I had and never really learned. For the past few weeks I have been learning to sew and take care of plants. They seem like simple tasks that I should be able to handle! I love the idea of having a butterfly garden. Once I feel confident that I won't kill the new flowers, I'll expand the collection to include ones that will attract butterflies.

I've been blocked creatively for the past several weeks. I think it is the looming promise of more mosaic mirrors that is holding me back. I tried to work it out by making new tiles and molds over the weeks, planting some flowers and cooking a lot, but nothing has really broken my block. I decided to make something for my new garden. No pressure. It's just for outside.

Last week I took a spare garden stone and drew out a butterfly design. I quickly put together the pieces to make the mosaic. It came together so fast I couldn't believe it. When it's right, it's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment