Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Super Inspiration Day

I woke up much earlier than usual today with great inspiration. I have my first street festival coming up next week and my mind is churning. My brain was thinking about other possible things I could sell at the festival. I remembered that I have several of the Valentine hearts I made last February http://anneinclayland.blogspot.com/2010/02/clay-valentines.html  as well as the Elmo magnets left over from Mia's birthday party http://anneinclayland.blogspot.com/2010/08/27-elmos.html So I got out of bed and ransacked the studio for any possible tiles to use for magnets or ornaments. With Christmas coming up, I have high hopes of making some sales at this festival. I hope it's not a huge disappointment.

After sorting through the tiles, I had plenty of time to glaze a couple of the peppers for my upcoming firing. I was working so fast as the sun was coming up. I guess I was in some kind of trance as I was painting because I don't even remember hearing birds sing or crickets, or people leaving for work. Finally after going inside to make coffee,  I listed a few pieces on Ebay, and it turns out that most of the listings were free! I guess they were running a deal. Let's hope Ryan doesn't get a bill later. HA! Then I found the magnets I need for the show at a local store! Awesome! I really thought I'd have to work harder. So that was pretty lucky.

I'm a little anxious about the show next week although I have plenty of materials to show and sell. I've never done a street festival so I hope I can make some sales. It seems like a lot of work to drag my things out there and shmooze with the locals. I hope it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment